Since 1988, the Upper Arlington Commission on Aging (UACOA) has existed to educate, enrich, and empower the lives of UA’s older residents. We are collaborative, senior-centric, supportive organization.
UA Village (UAV) is a virtual village and is a program of the UACOA. An innovative and inclusive approach to aging in place, it is part of a local and national network. In addition to connecting older adults to services that help with things like maintenance and care, members of UAV also build connections through social and community events. Come join our growing team during this exciting time!
Our work environment includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Relaxed atmosphere
More information about the Upper Arlington Commission on Aging can be found at: www.AgingInUA.org. Additional information about UA Village can be found both at the UACOA website and www.UAVillage.org.
The Village Service Coordinator will direct the day-to-day service coordination of UA Village; work closely with the Executive Director to present a strong and positive image of UAV through community outreach and member and volunteer engagement; and ensure both the growth and sustainability of the Village through member and volunteer recruitment, community support, and improved services and programming.
The Village Service Coordinator is a part-time position, reporting to the UACOA Executive Director. Up to 20 hours a week, flexible work schedule. Some “after hours” hours will be required.
Outline of Responsibility
- Oversee the day-to-day service coordination of UA Village (UAV)
- Communicate with members and perspective members
- Address member problems or questions with promptness and respect and ensure member satisfaction
- Provide event and outing support for UAV activities.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled social and educational events as well as workshops in accordance with member interests and needs.
- Create and provide a social calendar and newsletter to members
- Ensure the growth of UAV by developing, managing, and implementing new programs and services
- Survey members on ways to improve new programs
- Promote UAV in the community to grow member enrollment and volunteer base
- Regularly attend community and tabling events
- Help manage social media accounts
- Produce and maintain UAV’s outreach materials including: Helpful Village website, flyers, and other promotional items
- Stay informed of basic eligibility standards for services, the network of helping agencies, and of emerging resources
- Assist the UACOA Executive Director with grant research, writing, and reporting
- Work in collaboration with UACOA Executive Director, interns and volunteers
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the UACOA Executive Director, including the fielding of information and referral (I&R) inquiries, and other programs in support of UAV and UACOA.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use computers, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Canva, Helpful Village (or willingness and ability to learn Helpful Village if no prior experience)
- Experience with working with older adults and awareness of available community resources
- Able to communicate effectively with people with diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Ability to multitask
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to be flexible in message delivery based on audience
- Strong communicator
- Service attitude
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- working with older adults: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Interested? Send an email with your resume to: hiring@AgingInUA.org.